This PCIe USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 controller card installs into an available PCI-Express x4 slot in your computer and enables you to upgrade your current system by adding a USB-C™ (20Gbps) port.
Add a 20 Gbps USB Type-C Port to Your Desktop Computer
The controller card enables you to connect USB-C Gen 2×2 (20 Gbps) devices to your desktop computer. The USB-C port is ideal for connecting USB devices such as external hard drives and solid state drives or charging and syncing your mobile devices. The USB-C port provides up to 15W (5V/3A) of power and is backward compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) and USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) devices.
Note: USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) is also know as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps), and USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 Gbps) is also know as USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 (5 Gbps).
SuperSpeed USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (20 Gbps) Performance
The USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 card features an ASMedia ASM3242 host controller that utilizes x4 lanes of the PCIe 3.0 bus, making the card capable of speeds up to 20Gbps and enabling fast access to high-performance devices like NVMe drives and SSDs. The controller card supports Multiple INs to reduce bandwidth loss when multiple devices are connected through a USB Hub (Note: The USB hub must also support this feature). The card also supports UASP for improved performance with storage devices.
Wide Installation Compatibility
This add-on card includes both full-profile and low-profile installation brackets ensuring you can install it into either a full or low-profile PCIe 3.0 x4 slot (backward compatible w/PCIe 2.0). For wide platform support the card is compatible with Windows, Linux and macOS. For hassle-free installation the drivers install automatically on computers running Windows 8 or higher. Works w/USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 devices
PEXUSB321C is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual North American based technical support. StarTech.com has been the IT professionals’ choice for over 30 years.
- STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: IT professionals’ choice for over 30 years; This USB-C PCI-e adapter card is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, incl. free 24/5 North America based multi-lingual tech support
- COMPATIBILITY: Add-on card installs in full or low-profile (bracket incl) PCIe 3.0 x4 slot (Backward compatible w/PCIe 2.0); Windows/Linux/macOS w/auto drivers Win 8 & up; Works w/USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 devices
- MAXIMIZED USB PERFORMANCE: USB Type-C PCI Express card supports Multiple INs to reduce bandwidth loss when mix speed devices are connected to a Hub (hub must also support this feature); UASP support improves performance with storage devices
- FULL USB 3.2 GEN 2X2 SPEEDS: Featuring the ASMedia ASM3242 host controller using x4 lanes of PCIe 3.0, this card is fully capable of speeds up to 20Gbps enabling fast access to high-performance devices like NVMe drives and SSDs
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Add 1x USB-C SuperSpeed 20Gbps port to your desktop PC with this USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 PCIe Card; Expansion card provides up to 15W (5V @ 3A) to power & charge devices