The Micron 5300 Self-Encrypting Drive: Solid and Secure
The Micron© 5300 SSD is available in models that include Micron’s solid, secure firmware features plus 256-bit hardware encryption that follows the Trusted Computing Group’s Security Subsystem Class (SSC) Enterprise specification for storage devices for servers, data centers and enterprise applications.
The Micron 5300 self-encrypting drive, or “SED,” supports three modes of encryption protection, each operating with the drive’s on-board AES-256 encryption engine:
- TCG Enterprise: Provides a higher level of security and manageability than ATA Security. It supports the industry standard from TCG, with the capability to manage multiple passwords and encryption keys for each drive.
- TCG Opal: Supports pre-boot authentication (OS-range unlocking for boot-up) and other TCG Opal-specific features.
- ATA Security: Provides basic protection by locking access to the drive using the ATA password, most frequently set and managed by the host system BIOS or UEFI.
Micron 5300 SEDs meet industry standards set by TCG. Encryption is implemented in XTS mode, improving upon previously deployed Cipher Block Chaining (CBC) modes.
- Store as many documents, pictures and videos as you need with 3.75 TB capacity
- 256-bit encryption protects your PC from hackers and thieves by encoding all your data
- The high-read speed of 540 MB/s maximizes system performance and saves time while you are doing complex tasks
- With the high-write speed of 520 MB/s, get a quick response when updating or transferring files
- Have data stored faster with SATA/600 interface that optimizes burst performance