The Intel Ethernet Connection X722 is a network controller embedded into the Intel C624 “Lewisburg” PCH chipset of Lenovo ThinkSystem servers. The controller connects to available 10 GbE and 1 Gigabit Ethernet LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) adapter cards and onboard connectors to provide a comprehensive 1 GbE / 10 GbE networking solution for ThinkSystem customers. ThinkSystem servers support either 10 Gb Ethernet copper or optical connections, or Gigabit Ethernet connections depending on the server model.
Did you know?
The Intel Ethernet Connection X722 shares the same core and drivers as the Intel X710 adapters making driver management easier of existing customers.
ThinkSystem LOM adapters are cost-effective adapters that take advantage of the X722 controller embedded in Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family chipset and offer the flexibility advantages of a PCIe adapter while supporting integrated networking features, such as Wake-on-LAN and direct connectivity to the XClarity Controller management processor for NC-SI-compliant systems management.
- 10Gigabit Ethernet card offers the flexibility and scalability to make infrastructure run as efficiently and productively as possible with 10Gigabit data transfer rate
- Enjoy superfast data transfer of up to 250 MB/s with PCI Express card, between the network card and motherboards
- With quad ports on a single card, save valuable expansion slots on your system for other purposes
- Supports cost-efficient twisted pair cables for speedy data transfer up to 100 meters
- With the 10GBase-T technology get up to 10Gbps data transfer rate over the twisted pair cable